I was created Unique. In. His. Heart.


During one of the preparation meetings for the first missions trip I went on, we were asked to fill out a section that asked about our gifts and talents and how they would contribute to the trip. I was stumped. I didn't have any special gifts or talents that I knew of. Filling out that form I started seriously doubting my purpose on that trip. Praise God I went, because that trip changed my life. It changed everything, becuase from that trip to today God has been revealing his creation, ME.

I love it when God lets me in on a part of how he created me. Silly as that sounds I didn't know and still don't fully know who I am. How amazing it was the first time I felt passion for a cause and indignation at injustice. The first time I had the "I was created for this" feeling. As I grow in understanding about Him I understand more of how I was created to respond to Him. Oh how beautiful that sweet spot is. When I use the gifts and talents he has given me to bring him glory I taste a little heaven.


I'm not a fantastic artist, musician, speaker, doctor, nurse, or teacher. My gifts and talents don't fall into such generic categories and I love that. I cannot describe to you what they are because I don't have the words. But I do know that when I love him the way I was created, I feel like He has bestowed upon me the best, most lavish of gifts.


For so many years I've sold myself short, I have neglected to love who He has created me to be. For so many years I hated that I didn't have such obvious talents and lusted after other's gifts and talents. I didn't understand then and even have days of struggle to comprehend now what a work of art I am. I love the way I am created, and every day I have to battle to remember that truth as the lies of this world try to tear me down. When I do get glimpses into the creation I am and how I fit into His heart perfectly and uniquely I feel joy unspeakable.

The body of Christ has many parts, and each part is beautiful and valuable in its own way. Dear brother and Sister you are a beautiful, magnificent work of the King! Walk confidently in your uniqueness, the beauty he has created you to be.


"For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ." 1 Corinthians 12:13-31