This is a belated post that should have been posted on Sunday, but due to some complications was not posted until now.

On Saturday I met Tashia's friend named Lorenza. We had a good time of fellowship and talking on Saturday night, she practiced a little bit of english and muddled through some spanish (a botch job mind you, but I tried). As we were about to leave Lorenza asked if we wanted to come back the next morning at 7am to make tortillas. I am not a morning person, but I couldn't pass up an opportunity of learning how to make tortillas, so of course we said we would come back.
Sunday morning I woke up at 6am and caught a taxi in the pitch black of early morning and met up with Tashia to go to Lorenza's. We got there a little after 7am, but its okay because we were on Mexico time and there is no worries about arriving late (my kid of culture). She had already started by the time we got there, the dough was already made (made of corn, water and salt) she said that, that part of the process only takes about 10 minutes. She does her tortillas over an open fire in a metal dish (pics are coming I promise, I just haven't had time or good Internet to do it yet) she puts this white chalky stuff in the dish so that the tortillas don't stick. Then she got down to making the tortillas, she takes a bit of dough and pats it between her hands and flattens it then she puts the dough on a round piece of plastic (home-made from a plastic bag, very ingenious) and proceeds to make a perfectly round tortilla with only the palm of her hand (they pride themselves in the roundness of the tortilla). Now it was Tashia and my turn, let me just say we did not do very well, but Lorenza came to the rescue and perfected them for us. We each only did one, I don't think she wanted us to do any more than one, but we did get to eat the tortillas we made fresh off the fire with queso it was delicious!