Hello to all of you out there!

Here is an update on where my life is at presently.


New Direction:
Before I left Mexico for our Christmas break I was quite frustrated with my ministry time here in Tlaxiaco. I was struggling with people not showing up for English class, coffee and other social meetings. It's completely culturally acceptable for them to not show up, but being a northern American girl I still have not quite adapted to that. I was really glad to have the time away to think about how God was going to use me in Tlaxiaco, but the problem was I never really did hear from God while I was home on how to redirect my energy and time. One day when I came back after break I took a walk by myself through our Colonia (what we call basically a suburb here) and just prayed over it. God spoke that day in a simple way and said that I should focus on our colonia instead of Tlaxiaco, specifically just going around to the houses and bringing them cookies and chatting. Loving our neighbors.

This past week I put that plan into action, on Tuesday I worked on Spanish phrases to use, Thursday I made the cookies (peanut butter if you were wondering), and on Friday I went out into the colonia. I must say I was very nervous to go out by myself with my limited Spanish and talk with our neighbors. Before I left on Friday the girls prayed for me and as I walked to the first house I prayed that God would give me super natural understanding and use of the language and also that he would direct my steps. I am happy to say that He did just that. As I was walking I saw a woman outside of her house with her 2 kids and I felt God's leading and went up and talked with her and her kids. Her name is Patty and she graciously invited me to come back sometime (I actually understood a good portion of what she said by the grace of God). I know that I probably won't be able to make deep relationships with people in the 2 months I have remaining here, but I know that God loves these people and we are called to love our neighbor in whatever shape that takes, so I know this won't be in vain. I praise the Lord for this new direction. 


Old Friends:
I realized that I generalized a bit in the first part of the blog because not all of the people I've met down here have flaked out on me, I do have some dear friends that I count myself lucky to know. My friend Mari has been very kind to me and I'm grateful for her friendship, kindness and patience. I had lunch with her on Saturday and as always felt welcome in her house and in her family. 

Yolanda (I realize at this point I haven't blogged about Yolanda's story and will make that right very soon I promise) is also a woman that God has put in my path and feel that she and I have a special friendship based on faith that God can work miracles. 

Lorenza, as you will recall I met Lorenza at the beginning of my time here and went to her house to make tortillas. I'm sad to say that I haven't seen her since, but am very excited because a friend of mine at the base recently saw her and she was inquiring after a couple of us, so I will have the opportunity to see her again quite often I hope. I'm very grateful for all the relationships God has given me down here and I cherish each and everyone of them.


No Direction:
That all being said I feel like I've taken a step back as far as direction for my future. I was positive that I was heading to Thailand in April, but now finding out some information on Visas I'm not quite sure God is leading me in that direction. Right now all I know is that I will be here until the very beginning of April, but after that I'm not quite sure where or what God has planned for me. I know God has my future in His loving and caring hands, and I'm sure there is a lesson being taught about trust and patience here, but I'm far from learning it.  I want to know whats next!


Prayer Requests:
Patty- She would be open to me and receptive to me visiting her.
Yolanda- She had foot surgery before we left for break and it hasn't completely healed yet
Mari- She would be open to spiritual matters and that our relationship would deepen to talk about those matters
Lorenza- God's provision for her and her family
My Future Plans
My New Direction in Ministry here in Tlaxiaco

P.S. Sorry about the problems with posting comments on my blog. I did some re-formatting and believe that it is now fixed. Post away!