Hola!

Since it's been awhile since I last updated my blog let me catch you up:

On Saturday we had a September birthday party/Oaxaca Idol (lip-synching competition). Us single ladies did our lip-synch to "Jesus is a friend of Mine" (its on youtube if you are interested and seeing the original song/group its rather hysterical) the song is by a group from the seventies so we all dressed up accordingly we got some interesting clothing pieces from Reto, a used clothing store (for those of you who are on facebook that's where I am in my profile pic) for the occasion, it was a lot of fun. That night we played Ultimate Pong a ping pong game that gets pretty competitive (if you would like to learn we'll have to have a Ultimate Pong night when I'm home)

Here in Tlaxiaco we are surrounded by beautiful mountains, and ever since I got here they have been calling my name, so yesterday we finally climbed one. It took us about 2 and a half hours to climb it and I have to say that it kicked my butt the entire way, but it was totally worth it when we were at the top. I hope that it will get easier the longer I'm here and I get acclimated to the altitude. On the way down we ran some of the way and I took a complete no recovery tumble. Don't worry mom I'm ok I just have a sizable bruise on my bottom. No problem. It was a really good time, yet a very tiring time!

Today we started a new week of classes and this week we are learning about intercessory prayer. It's only one day in and I'm already feeling challenged by the things we are learning. I have been praying that God would break me and refine me so that there would be no more of me and all of him. This is a scary prayer for me because I know that there will be a lot of pain and questions that will come with this prayer, but I desire to be at that place. If you guys could keep me in your prayers as I'm going through this process I would really appreciate it. Also, if you could keep my health and everyone's health here on the base in your prayers I would appreciate it. Living in community with others is a wonderful thing, but it also comes with its own problems like sickness, so if you could keep that in your prayers I would be grateful.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Till next time, much love...